Friday, July 11, 2008

In My Kitchen: A Friday in July

Today in my kitchen...

I made our oat porridge and husbands "latte".

I filtered the finished cold-water extract.

I started soaking the flour for Elliot's birthday cake for tomorrow.

We snacked on bread and butter.

We lunched on peanut butter, butter, and honey sandwiches with full glasses of real milk.

I made sourdough dough and fed the new mother.

We snacked on an apple and some no-refined-sugar black licorice.

I made chismole (tomato, onion, lemon, cilantro, oregano - toss and let sit an hour before serving).

I made green enchilada sauce.

I made chicken enchilada's with the left-over chicken from last week's broth making, and served it to my family and some friends alongside the chismole and cultured sour cream (I would have used creme fraiche, but it was too overpriced. Trader Joe's is a great place to buy creme fraiche if you don't make it yourself).

We enjoyed the remaining strawberry ice cream for dessert.

I made vanilla ice cream for tomorrow's birthday extravaganza (do you like how it gets more and more built up with each day that passes?).

I baked the risen bread and enjoyed the first fruits with the last (very sad - no more raw cream) of my homemade raw butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and Comments welcome! If you would prefer to contact me privately, please email mariannescrivner (at) gmail (dot) com.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails