Sunday, August 10, 2008

In My Kitchen: A Sunday in August

Today in my kitchen I:

Soaked split peas in water and whey for dinner prep.

Made oatmeal porridge for breakfast - but NO latte, as the boys and I escaped for the morning, leaving husband to sleep in and fend for himself in the coffee department.

Snacked through lunch with peaches, yogurt, and buttered bread.

Made pureed split pea soup enjoying my new (early birthday gift!) of a hand-held blender
(thank you Craigslist!).

Served soup, salmon salad, and bread with butter for dinner - more of the previously mentioned ice cream for dessert (I think we eat a lot of ice cream on warm August nights!).

Fed the sourdough mother.

Soaked oats for tomorrow.

Made bed time tea.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and Comments welcome! If you would prefer to contact me privately, please email mariannescrivner (at) gmail (dot) com.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails