Monday, September 22, 2008

Autumn Solstice Feast

I tried preparing my first Leg of Lamb last night, and it was delicious.
In my excitement we ended up with a 5-course meal...but no complaints here.



Clockwise from top:
Butternut squash with butter and raw honey,
Butter sauteed Brussels sprouts with plenty of sea salt,
Med-rare roasted leg of lamb with Dijon gravy,
Roasted red potatoes also with gravy,
Red butter lettuce salad with apple-cider, Dijon, vinaigrette

Also exciting is the leftovers I will get to try in another new recipe for "leftover leg-of-lamb soup". Oh, how I love food. I am thinking that soup might be a good place to add some more Yamhill cheese.

2 comments:

  1. Brussels sprouts!! Squash!! Lamb!! Autumn!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was nearly waiting for an "Oh My!!"

    I guess another dinner might be in order?

    ReplyDelete

Questions and Comments welcome! If you would prefer to contact me privately, please email mariannescrivner (at) gmail (dot) com.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails