Saturday, September 6, 2008

"Yamhill" Review

More cheese art made it's way into my kitchen last week:


As you can observe from the rind, this was a rustic hearty cheese.


This cheese made me crave sausage. I have not yet tried the combination, but I can only say it is the first cheese to make me crave sausage. I will have to try to track down a good quality local sausage to see if it really combines the way I imagine it.


This cheese is softer, milder, and creamier, than The Rooster, but still hard and still pleasantly sharp. It will be lovely crumbled into a hearty soup to kick off the coming of fall (um...perhaps a rustic sausage soup!). I will work on a recipe and hope to have something to share soon.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm....sausage soup with your cheese crumbled in.....

    That sounds like a perfect autumn meal--like something to serve after one comes in from the pumpkin patch or from raking the leaves.

    I wish you lived nearer....although you probably don't wish it. I'd be inviting myself over for dinner all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daja!
    I just discovered that I never responded to this comment - perhaps because I have yet to make the sausage soup! I do wish we lived nearer, as I think it would be SO fun to interact with you and your family face to face.

    ReplyDelete

Questions and Comments welcome! If you would prefer to contact me privately, please email mariannescrivner (at) gmail (dot) com.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails