Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Brillante Weblog Award

To my surprise Prepare To Eat has been nominated for another blog award!

Many thanks to Daja at In Other Words, who is perhaps a long lost twin of mine, loving food and theology, while staying at home to mother many kids (she's got a good head start on us). Someday I do hope to actually feed her rather than just make her drool over my pictures. You might enjoy visiting her food blog as well.

The rules are as follows:

1. The winner can (and should, really) put the logo on his/her blog
2. The winner must link to the person from whom they received their award.
3. The winner must nominate at least 7 other blogs for an award.
4. The winner must place links to those blogs on their own blog.
5. The winner must leave a message on the blogs of the people they’ve nominated.

My nominations are for the following blog sites:

1. Leah at Just Like Camping. She is brilliantly hilarious in providing regular contests for things like guessing all 15 ingredients in a soup she just whipped up.

2. Maria at Living [Frugally] Well. There is no more brilliant idea than complete financial transparency as a motivator to live wiser, more frugally, and get out of debt.

3. Summer at A Shot in the Dark. She is unknowingly brilliant, and that is a beautiful thing. She finds large gems of truth from behind the camera, and most especially when it is pointed at herself. This is a private blog, but she'll likely let you in =)

4. Andy at Heroic Science. Saving science through music: Brilliant!

5. Deanna at Stories Glimmer. Tired of an old blog, brilliant to start fresh, and brilliant to let us in on so much of a published author's writing process.

6. Cherie at Cause I Believe In You. She's not afraid to share the moments of brilliance as they come to her, whatever the source.

7. Tucker at Pilgrim Akimbo. This brilliantly titled blog is apt to keep your list of things-to-think-more-about long as he shares brilliant insights from life and cinema.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you, Marianne! I shall try and participate; this is a neat award. I'm using Victoria's laptop at the moment - my first attempt at such a thing (yes, very weird, and not so brilliant), but I'm enjoying the adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deanna & Cherie - It is my pleasure! You guys are great.

    Deanna - I only use a lap top now...you'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...thanks! To be mentioned in YOUR blog...to be mentioned in a blog that has Weston Price in the header...I'm honored!

    See you tomorrow or Thursday?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw shucks Leah, what can I say, I like you! I'd feel cooler about having Dr. Weston in the title if I could put some kind of "Sally Fallon stamp of approval" alongside it or something. Do you think she gives those out? =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow. too kind is right. I will gladly welcome ANY of your readers to read my blog...you have the best readers...I'm not kidding. I've been going through your blog roll slowly and keep adding them to my reader cause I'm so intrigued. Thanks for the awardy I'll try and play along just as soon as we have two healthy kids and parents in this house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Summer - Not to kind at all! I do have great readers though, I am glad you have enjoyed them. I look forward to checking out your recommendations when you have time to play.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the nom! What a week (last week) to be interviewed, in the paper, asked to guest blog, and now nominated!

    ReplyDelete

Questions and Comments welcome! If you would prefer to contact me privately, please email mariannescrivner (at) gmail (dot) com.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails