Monday, December 1, 2008

In My Kitchen: A Monday in December

Today in my kitchen I:

Made breakfast porridge, again with strawberries and cream, and husband's latte.

Made a honey steamer as a treat for my eldest.

Scrambled eggs for lunch. (I am not back in my bread-making cycle yet, and bought the best, $4.50 loaf I could find hoping for left-over turkey sandwiches, only to bring the load home home and find the top completely molded over. Yuck. More reason to avoid the grocery store. I can make fresh and nutritionally superior bread for $1 a loaf!)

Snacked on nuts and licorice.

Made leftover-turkey salad with Dijon-anchovie vinaigrette topped with crispy shallots for dinner and butternut squash on the side.

Snacked on a well buttered sprouted wheat roll (we went back to the store, returned the spoiled loaf, and found the sprouted "peace bomb" to try from Dave's Killer Bread - I do still wish I was making my own already!) and chocolate.

Soaked oats for tomorrow's breakfast.

2 comments:

  1. Loved leftover turkey! Made soup today with the bones. It was so yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm. I do love leftover turkey. I always ask people if I can have their leftover carcasses when they are done for broth making. I think I have another one sitting in someone's freezer for me to pick up next time I see them =) Soup may be in order for us today too.

    ReplyDelete

Questions and Comments welcome! If you would prefer to contact me privately, please email mariannescrivner (at) gmail (dot) com.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails