Wednesday, December 3, 2008

In My Kitchen: A Wednesday in December

Today in my kitchen I:

Made our strawberries and cream porridge and husband's latte.

Soaked rice for dinner.

Lunched on buttered bread, cheese, and pear slices.

Snacked on licorice treats.

Cooked rice, baked Salmon, and chopped a simple, two onion salad with apple-cider vinaigrette for dinner.

Nibbled some chocolate for dessert.

Soaked oats for tomorrow's breakfast.

Began a new sourdough starter (after a bit of an adventure, with the help of a friend, to find a source of bulk filtered water!).

Started a new batch of beet kvass.

2 comments:

  1. We had salmon last night with cabbage for Tom's birthday dinner! Followed by pumpkin pie...yum. All that was missing was copious amounts of cream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Tom! I loved your birthday message to him. I think I could eat pumpkin pie (um, with copious amounts of cream) every day...or at least every day of fall.

    ReplyDelete

Questions and Comments welcome! If you would prefer to contact me privately, please email mariannescrivner (at) gmail (dot) com.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails