Sunday, February 15, 2009

Meals in Review

Though I have slacked on reporting on the happenings in my kitchen, there have still be happenings. So, to make up for the lack of a January report, here is at least a sampling of some of the meals enjoyed at my house in the last month.





My first attempt at homemade Samosas (a savory, filled pocket of goodness), with a tsatsiki sauce and carrot/chickpea salad on the side along with some sauerkraut.













One of my favorites, homemade pizza on a yogurt dough crust (chicken, onions, garlic, and broccoli buried under cheese, tomatoes and pineapple) with saved sauce from last summer's farm harvest.













Another experiment: A roast with chili sauce and Mexican rice (that did not photograph well, my apologies).














I love having stand-by, 30-minute meals to go to when I do not want to think. But notice the "watermelon" radish that mildly spiced up the salad. It was a lovely new discovery for us.













Another experiment: Gluten-free cupcakes (I used arrowroot powder). In my paranoia, I pulled them out of the oven too soon, but once I perfect this recipe I will make sure to post it (AND the butter-cream frosting that topped them).














Valentine's Day breakfast with soured pancakes, yum!

7 comments:

  1. That pizza looks nummy! We are having don't-have-to-think-baked-salmon-and-roasted-Brussels-sprouts tonight.

    And avo chocolate mousse leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really, really love Brussels sprouts. I still have to try your avo-chocolate mousse. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, gluten free cupcakes! Your food always looks so yum. (I made my own soup tonight and so feel like I can comment in the world of "real" food.:o))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daja - I know...I wish I made it more often!

    Deanna - Please comment anytime! And Yum for homemade soup...I think I need to make a batch of something good this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's March...and I have two pounds of liver on the way for this weekend...is it still Love Your Liver month?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah! Yes! Love your liver. I don't have mine yet...but I should at least get started with some basics. Coming soon.

    ReplyDelete

Questions and Comments welcome! If you would prefer to contact me privately, please email mariannescrivner (at) gmail (dot) com.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails