Sunday, February 21, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

Photobucket

Monday
B: Oatmeal porridge
L:  Fried eggs and sourdough
D: Roast, yams, steamed broccoli, sauerkraut
To Do: Feed sourdough mother

Tuesday
B: Yogurt with raisins
L: At friends'
D: Quiche & soup
To Do: Feed sourdough mother, make quiche dough

Wednesday
B: Scrambled eggs, sourdough,
L: Left-over soup and quiche,
D: Curried lentils over coconut rice, carrots vichi
To Do: soak rice in the AM, feed sourdough, start beef broth (third time's the charm?)

Thursday
B: Fried Eggs,
L: Grilled cheese sourdough, carrots
D: Mystery Meat Loaf (will I chop up some of the beef heart, or just stick with hidden liver?), sauerkraut
Dessert: Berry Pie with Cream
To Do: Feed sourdough, simmer beef broth

Friday
B: Yogurt with raisins
L: Egg salad sandwiches, carrots
D: Roast Chicken, potatoes, onion compote
To Do: Feed sourdough, soak flour for pancakes, simmer beef broth

Saturday
Brunch: Pancakes
D: Left-overs
To Do: Make sourdough, finish beef broth, make yogurt

Sunday
Brunch: Poached eggs over hashed browns

D: All-day beef stew
To Do: Feed sourdough

As usual we are also drinking delicious raw milk and home-brewed Kombucha.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What are you eating this week?  For more inspiration, visit Menu Plan Monday by Organizing Junkie
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





2 comments:

  1. How can you simmer your broth for 2 days. My liquid is almost gone in 15 hours. In fact once I burned it all off before I realized it. I must just have it on too high a temperature, but I don't think it would simmer if I turned it down to the next setting. Suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually make quite large batches. A good fitting lid is important, and then it depends on the broth. I really only do 24 hours for chicken, but beef bone broth is on my list to make, and it needs longer to work through those bones. I have added water before, if it's gotten too low and I still want to simmer it. As long as the water is just moving, I am happy with it. Can you adjust just a smidgen, or is it a separate setting? Another thing that helps is a thick bottomed pan so that you are getting as even a heat as possible. I found a great stock pot on craigslist (in Seattle) years ago that has served me well.

    ReplyDelete

Questions and Comments welcome! If you would prefer to contact me privately, please email mariannescrivner (at) gmail (dot) com.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails