Monday, May 4, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

Photobucket
This is the first week I am participating in the Menu Plan Monday blog carnival. I am hoping to do this weekly and have this replace the "A week in my kitchen" reports (which I have neglected this year). For other menu planning inspiration visit the link above.

Monday

B: Banana, soaked oatmeal porridge with butter, raisins, and cinnamon, raw milk
L: Roast beef sandwiches, apple slices, carrot sticks, raw milk
D: Roast Chicken, rice, green salad, raw milk, kombucha
To Do: Soak rice in AM, feed sourdough mother, soak flour for buttermilk bread, make yogurt, start beef broth, soak flour for pizza dough, start new kombucha batch, soak oats for porridge

Tuesday
B: Banana, soaked oatmeal porridge with butter, raisins, and cinnamon, raw milk
L: Chicken sandwiches, apple slices, carrot sticks, raw milk, kombucha
D: Potluck Night: Contribute pepperoni/veggie pizza and CB Pineapple pizza, raw milk
To Do: Make bread, make more pure yogurt starter, feed sourdough mother, soak oats for porridge

Wednesday
B: Banana, soaked oatmeal porridge with butter, raisins, and cinnamon, raw milk
L: Chicken soup w/rice, apple slices, raw milk, kombucha
D: Steak, green salad, garlic/broccoli/onion mashed potatoes, raw milk
To Do: Soak garbanzo beans, feed sourdough mother, soak flour for bread, finish beef broth, soak oats for porridge

Thursday
B: Banana, soaked oatmeal porridge with butter, raisins, and cinnamon, raw milk
L: Steak Caesar salad, apple, kombucha, raw milk
D: Bacon/Feta/Spinach Quiche, green salad, french onion soup, raw milk
To Do: Cook garbanzo beans, feed sourdough mother, make bread, make yogurt, soak oats for porridge

Friday
B: Banana, soaked oatmeal porridge with butter, raisins, and cinnamon, raw milk
L: Quiche and soup leftovers, raw milk, kombucha
D: Liver & onions, green salad, steamed veggies, raw milk
Dessert: Homemade ice cream
To Do: Soak flour for pancakes, make hummus, feed sourdough

Saturday
B: Soured pancakes w/pure maple syrup, eggs, raw milk
L: BLTs, apple, carrot, and cheese slices, raw milk, Kombucha
D: Leftovers from the week, raw milk
To Do: Make sourdough

Sunday
B: Soured pancakes w/pure maple syrup, eggs, raw milk
L: PB Honey, apple, carrot, and cheese slices, raw milk, kombucha
D: Meat Loaf, salad, steamed veggies, raw milk
To Do: Soak oats for porridge

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun (and organizational) carnival...
    I should join in the excitement.

    Can we buy some 'bucha from you when you're here next? Some ready-made stuff? I'll pay the big bucks...

    Do you need lodging when you're here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should join in! I find this is a completely selfish carnival. It makes my life SO much easier to have all my tasks laid out for me (I menu planned last week but didn't post it).

    Mmmm 'Bucha. I will step up the quantity I make this week and figure out what the ingredients cost =)

    No need for lodging, but definite need for seeing you! Email me your availability and we'll make something work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marianne, I would be interested in knowing what this menu for a week costs. Ax and I have been doing intensive research on what is an acceptable amount to spend on groceries nationwide vs. in our area. My guess is that we would have to add half again the price for the exact same stuff here, but I'd still like to know. Or it might be too discouraging. No, I'd like to know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah - Including prices is a great idea. I am working on it (and digging out receipts). Hope to have the post updated in the next couple days. I'll leave comment here when I do.

    I'd also love to do a little research to see if there is a bulk natural food delivery company in your neck of the country. That has saved us a ton on quality staples.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah - I realized I never got back to this. I know that I spent $100 at the grocery store that week, but that didn't take into account what was in my pantry, nor that some of those grocery items were larger (i.e. covering more than one week) pantry items. Perhaps I was going overboard!

    ReplyDelete

Questions and Comments welcome! If you would prefer to contact me privately, please email mariannescrivner (at) gmail (dot) com.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails