Thursday, December 3, 2009

December Challenge: It's Up to You!

I have really enjoyed the monthly challenge series over the last 12 months. This month is the last challenge associated with last December's post about bite-size steps to a nutrient-dense diet. The challenge this month is to take a look at the products you still purchase already made from the store. Is there something you could experiment with replacing? For me it was switching to homemade crackers. Next on my list is my own ketchup. I think if I were to step it up, it might be coming up with my own sprouted grain pasta noodles....but that will be on the back burner for a long while, I think.

What about you? What are you still buying and thinking "I wonder if I could make that?" Somewhere between all the cookie making and gift wrapping this month, give it a try and let me know!

Also, did you find these challenges helpful? What would you like to see more of or less of on this blog? I have plans to spend more time here in 2010 and have ideas on how I would like to develop it, but I'd love to hear from you. Feel free to leave comments here or to email me at mariannescrivner (at) gmail (dot) com.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to say that I stopped participating in the monthly challenge when I started school. With Zeb taking over the cooking I decided to not impose on him all the lengths I was willing to go to for nutrition. I told him that as long as he made generally real food using stuff from our CSA and meat share that he could do it the easiest way for him (he does not enjoy cooking like I do). So things like soaking have fallen by the wayside, but many other principles are still there and I look forward to picking it all up again with my apron in a year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah - I can imagine that you would stop! I am already seriously impressed with how much you juggle with school, as well as with how much Zeb has taken over cooking real food.

    However, next year, I look forward to much internet revelry with you as we don our aprons on opposite coasts again.

    And Thank You! As dialog with you was largely the inspiration for this series, and it gave me motivation to keep blogging here this past year.

    ReplyDelete

Questions and Comments welcome! If you would prefer to contact me privately, please email mariannescrivner (at) gmail (dot) com.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails