Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tuesday Twister - Mainly Cookies



Click on the photo for a larger view of the details. Suffice it to say there has been much cookie making this month (a batch or two I forgot to photograph too). I have been so happy to discover I can grind very small batches of sprouted wheat berries in my coffee grinder. Enough for cookie making and a homemade loaf of 100% sprouted bread.

However, I still would rather have a grain mill of my own! Hope you entered the giveaway!

What about you? What happened in your kitchen last week? Care to share? Join us for Tuesday Twister next week.

For more inspiration see today's list of
Tuesday Twisters and see what's twisting in other real-foodies kitchens.

5 comments:

  1. That's fabulous that you're grinding the sprouted flour in your coffee grinder. I would love for you to win that grinder, though. :) Looks like you've had a fabulous week. Thanks for sharing it in the Twister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS What is Pu-erh for the Kombucha? And the pork looks amazing! Did that method work for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Yes, a grinder would be divine. My brother-in-law said he has a "Vita-mix" that he just tried using that worked well too. So I might be able to use it once a week!

    Pu-erh is an aged, fermented "black" tea. Wiki has as decent article on it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pu-erh_tea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cookies look great. And very smart of you to use the coffee grinder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Millie! I can do about 4 cups worth before the coffee grinder needs a good, long break, but 4 cups is really plenty for a day.

    ReplyDelete

Questions and Comments welcome! If you would prefer to contact me privately, please email mariannescrivner (at) gmail (dot) com.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails