Monday, February 1, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

Last week, shortly after posting my menu plan, I read a post from Ann Marie at Cheeseslave about How To Cure Tooth Decay.  At first I was completely discouraged, but then she kindly reminded all of us quick-to-comment, discouraged women, that this was advice for people battling tooth decay.

However, it also made me realize that I have settled into the easy routine of porridge every morning.  Porridge every morning was a wonderfully healthful change from extruded, sugared, cold-cereal grains every morning when I began my food revolution 3 1/2 years ago, but I've gotten lazy and oats are quite inexpensive.  Yet, we do not eat enough calcium rich food to be eating the amount of grains that we have been.  My breakfast and lunch plans need help.  We're almost at the end of our peanut butter right now and I do not see myself buying it again for a long, long time.  Who among us, born in the 70's on, does not have tooth decay tendencies? 

With that in mind, here is this Mondays menu plan (and truly, last weeks plan for breakfast and lunch was mainly scrapped).

Monday
B: Scrambled eggs, sourdough rye with ample butter, raw milk
L: Roast beef sandwiches, carrots, apples, raw milk
D: Roast chicken, potatoes "The Way", sauerkraut, sauteed spinach
Prep: Start beef bone broth, feed sourdough mother, make Latin American sauerkraut

Tuesday
B: Yogurt with raisins, banana, raw milk
L: Grilled cheese on sourdough, sauerkraut, apples, carrots, raw milk
D: Shrimp scampi over rice
Prep: Simmer beef bone broth, feed sourdough mother, soak rice early AM, soak wheat berries PM, defrost ground beef and liver for meatloaf

Wednesday
B: Soured pancakes, raw milk
L: Chicken salad sandwich, raw milk
D: Burritos with soaked rice and beans, Latin American sauerkraut, creme fraiche
Prep: Finish beef bone broth, feed sourdough mother, tend sprouting wheat berries, soak lentil, defrost pot roast

Thursday
B: Fried eggs, bacon, raw milk
L: Egg salad sandwiches, raw milk
D: Meatloaf (with hidden liver), roasted beets, sauerkraut, roman lentil soup
Prep: Feed sourdough mother, dehydrate sprouted wheat berries, soak flour for sourdough pizza, marinate pot roast in buttermilk

Friday
B: Sourdough french toast, raw milk
L: BLT's, cheese sticks, apple slices, raw milk
D: Sourdough pizza,
Prep: Feed sourdough mother, grind sprouted flour, soak oats

Saturday
B: Cream cheese omelets, raw milk
L: Oatmeal porridge, raw milk
D: Left-overs from the week, raw milk
Prep: Make sourdough, make sprouted English muffins

Sunday
Brunch: Poached eggs with Bearnaise sauce on sprouted English muffins, bacon, raw milk
Snack: Cheese and apples, sourdough with butter, raw milk
D: Beef roast with potatoes and carrots, raw milk
Prep: Feed sourdough mother,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What are you eating this week?  For inspiration, or to join us, visit Menu Plan Monday this week!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 comments:

  1. Sigh. I wish I was able to pull together such a menu! Maybe someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are potatoes "The Way"?
    And would you share your meatloaf recipe? I think Andrew will be happier that the meatloaf's hidden this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah - My menu would not look so put together if I were a working mama!

    Jen - "The Way" is our funny family name for some potatoes that I make in efforts to duplicate a traditional French dish "Potatoes Anna" without the fuss and the special pan required (see NT pg 399).

    It did occur to me to share my adaptation here as it is still very delicious and much simpler than Potatoes Anna. I'll put that on my to-do list (along with the sprouting post! I have my camera batteries charged now)

    I'll share the recipe later today! I will also take notes to share about what I do with the meatloaf with hidden liver. Stay tuned =)

    ReplyDelete

Questions and Comments welcome! If you would prefer to contact me privately, please email mariannescrivner (at) gmail (dot) com.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails