Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Chocolate, Liver and Yumm Sauce, Oh My!


I am long overdue for a report on the happenings in my new kitchen.  Here is a little taste.

Top Row
*Strawberries galore for a catering event at my alma mater
*Salmon and Asparagus
*My own attempt at a more nourishing Yumm sauce (recipe to come soon).
*The homemade Yumm bowl
*Yumm bowls seen with hummus (top) and baba ganouj (bottom)

Middle Row
*Room for many fermenting projects, like souring flour for pancakes
*A collection of culturing wonders: orange marmalade, beet kvass (back), creme fraiche (front), salsa
*Delicious mushrooms and green onions (with a little white wine in the back ground) preparing to become...
*The best way I have ever tasted liver.  I would go so far as to say I actually enjoy this. I can eat it daily.  I should have tried this Nourishing Traditions recipe years ago.

Bottom Row
*Making my own chocolate mouse with coconut cream and raw honey
*Stuffed grape leaves (recipe in NT)
*Coconut milk smoothie (a regular occurrence around here lately)
*Steak "salad," also known as what-to-do-if-you-accidentally-bought-a-lean-steak-you-cannot-chew (see recipe below)

Steak "Salad" Recipe:
1. Unintentionally purchase <4% fat steak
2. Give up on steak you bought, seasoned, and slightly overcooked because you are accustomed to cooking meat with FAT.
3. Store steak in the refrigerator because you have a hard time throwing away food, even food you won't eat.
4. Forget your meal plan the next day, and wonder what is for dinner.
5. Remember tough steak.
6. Slice tough steak very thinly and then cut into 1 inch long bites
7. Drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and aged Balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, salt, freshly ground pepper, and a tiny bit of flax oil.
8. Eat
9. Marvel at how the added fat from the "salad" dressing allows you to chew and enjoy your previously abandoned steak.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This post is a part of Tuesday Twister, hosted by GNOWFGLINS.  What's twisting in your kitchen?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the Tuesday Twister! I've missed you and thought of you many times. :) I can't wait to try your version of the Yumm sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love yumm sauce!I make my own too! It taste exactly like the real stuff without any soy! I'll be sharing my recipe soon on my blog. Look forward to seeing what your recipe looks like. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i *need* the chocolate mousse/coconut cream recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to know about that liver recipe! Please share!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for the delay in responding. I was on internet vacation.

    Wardeh! Every Tuesday I have thought of you. I am happy to be back.

    Coconut Mama - I will look forward to comparing our recipes! I am not sure mine tastes exactly like the real stuff, but enough to please the craving.

    Cydney - Coming soon, my friend.

    Daja - Also coming soon! I also heartily suggest adding Nourishing Traditions to your cookbook collection. There are so many lovely, delicious, and nourishing recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Questions and Comments welcome! If you would prefer to contact me privately, please email mariannescrivner (at) gmail (dot) com.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails