Friday, October 7, 2011

Unprocessed: Day Seven


Gratefully, all the kitchen projects and food deliveries of late made cooking (and snacking) from whole foods easy today.  
Ample Apples
Breakfast did involve yogurt, which is now suspect, but lunch was left-over steak slices sauteed with broccoli.  Yum.  I can't get enough red meat when I'm pregnant.

Tonight I made use of our delicious broth to make Egg Drop Soup (one of my favorite recipes by Food Renegade).   It always sounds a little "blah" on the menu, but then the flavor wins me over.  It wins my kids over too.  Tonight, after my six-year-old took his first bite he quickly asked me if there would be enough for seconds.
Egg Drop Soup
As I type, I am still feeling hungry, and grateful that there is one Bavarian cream pot (from Day Five) left in the fridge....once I get the kids to bed!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE egg drop soup. I'm going to follow your link. Thanks! It looks very very good and if Soren says it's worthy of seconds, well, that's good enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to hearing your report sometime this month! It's a yummy recipe. Nourishing Traditions (do you have that cookbook?) has an egg soup that calls for mixing in Parmesan cheese with the egg. I have yet to try that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I have Nourishing Traditions. I need to get it out today and look it over. Need some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Questions and Comments welcome! If you would prefer to contact me privately, please email mariannescrivner (at) gmail (dot) com.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails