Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Unprocessed: Day Twelve


Today, my kids and I made a menu plan for the next week.  Whenever the boys help me, I can be sure that spaghetti and meatballs will make the list, along with pizza.  Then we went shopping for the ingredients we didn't have to fill out our menu plan (as well as a few staples I don't want to have to wait for until the next Azure Standard delivery)


My husband brought a few extra pineapples home the other day, 
so I decided to try making pineapple vinegar to use for making cortido 
(Latin American sauerkraut) later this week.  Right now it looks like this:



Then, as promised to my 4-yr-old, spaghetti and meatballs.  First I had to make the sauce.
Nothing beats heirloom tomato sauce from scratch, 
and it gives me leftovers to use for the pizza requested for Friday night.
(not seen, the onions sauteing in my largest frying pan)


Dinner.  It should have had a salad to keep it company, and some sauteed greens, 
but pregnant mama's don't finish their best laid plans.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions and Comments welcome! If you would prefer to contact me privately, please email mariannescrivner (at) gmail (dot) com.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails